-----The Global Pet Savior ------------------------------------- Questions & Answers
You found a lost pet with a Pet*iD tag; now what do you do?
Isn't this just a metal tag? Why should I spend $10 on it?
|If you don't find your question answered here, please send it to us.|
I found a lost pet with a Pet*iD tag; now what do I do?
Answer: Go to the Pet*iD home page at petid.com, click on Start Here, enter the tag number, and you will get the pet owner’s contact information
Is this web site complicated and hard to use?
Answer: No! We went to great effort to make the Pet*iD web site as user friendly as possible. There is a separate starting point for each function with a step by step guide to assist you in setting up and getting the most out of all the pet care services Pet*iD Short Cut Home has to offer.
My pet never gets loose. Why do I need any kind of pet ID at all?
Answer: Nothing is ever going to go wrong until it does. Common wisdom is to always be prepared, and visible identification is the first step in responsible pet care.
My pet already has a chip implant. Why do I need an old-fashioned tag?
Answer: Believe it or not, when compared to visible identification, the chip is and always will be 2nd place to a visible Pet*iD tag, although it is a good backup system. It's a fundamental fact that nothing beats visible identification. Do you want your best friend to find you or an animal control officer? The chip requires a special reader, and there are several different readers. You need the right one, and most people don't have any. I don't, do you? Think about what you would do if you found a lost pet with a Pet*iD tag and an implanted chip. Which one would you be able to use?
Why isn’t my phone number and address on a tag good enough?
Answer: If your pet gets lost, and the tag’s information is out-of-date, that tag isn’t any good. Unlike other tags, Pet*iD tags never need to be changed. The contact information can be updated online anytime for free, without changing your pet’s ID tag. Your situation can change dramatically, without giving you time to replace a standard tag, such as in a natural disaster like hurricane Katrina. Being able to update your contact information while going through the relocation process is priceless!
|What makes Pet*iD Short Cut Home superior to others on the market?
Answer: Pet*iD Short Cut Home provides the best lost pet protection for your pet because it directs your pet straight back to you, without third party intervention. With Pet*iD, you can keep all your pets’ return home and medical information up to date in real time from any Internet connection in the world, free of charge. With Pet*iD’s unique file locater assistant, all you need to remember is petid.com. Because of Pet*iD’s focus on the Pet, the Pet Owner and the Person that finds the Lost Pet, no other lost pet recovery system works as well as Pet*iD Short Cut Home.
How can having Pet*iD Short Cut Home help me when I travel?
Answer: If you travel with your pet, and you get separated, with Pet*iD Short Cut Home you can update your pet’s ID tag in real time from any Internet connection. If you travel to foreign countries, Custom’s Agents can easily check medical and vaccination records, and verify the pet with Pet *iD’s Photo ID feature. If you leave your pet with a friend, and your pet gets loose and decides to go home on it’s own and gets lost, you can update your pet’s ID tag to contact your friend.
What if I am separated from my pet by a natural disaster?
Answer: With Pet*iD Short Cut Home, you can keep all your contact information up to date as you move through the relocation process, keeping your pet’s tag always linked back to you.
What is pet security?
Answer: Besides food, water and shelter, our pets depend on us to provide them with the best chance of survival, if something uncontrollable happens. Most importantly to you and your pet is identification, especially one that is easy to read and can be updated on the fly. This is the way of the future, and it is here today! Pet*iD Short Cut Home pioneered this technology, and would be an excellent choice for your pet's identification and lost pet recovery service. Nobody does it better!
Isn't this just a metal tag? Why should I spend more than $10 on it?
Answer: Pet*iD is not just a tag. The Pet*iD tag is a key that unlocks vital pet recovery information accessed through the Pet*iD web site. Your pet’s unique tag number unlocks owner and veterinarian contact information, medical records, photo ID, and allows free updating 24/7 all over the world. In addition, Pet*iD includes many other unique and useful features.
How durable is this tag?
Answer: The Pet*iD tag is made of thick stainless steel, with an embedded imprint, and has a life expectancy of over 10 years. It is unlikely it will fall off when properly installed.
What is the Service?
Answer: The service consists of a high quality stainless steel tag embedded with www.petid.com, a unique tracking number and an 800 number, also a hard steel collar clip and unlimited access to the Pet*iD Short Cut Home pet security service. All system improvements and updates to the service are free to existing users.
Does Pet*iD work in every state?
Answer: Yes, and all over the world.
What are the features that Pet*iD has?
1. Pet owner contact information.
2. Photo ID for each pet
3. 24/7 Access
4. Vet verified Rabies vaccination records with e-mail reminders managed by secured vet clinics.
5. The Pet*iD Registry can adopt RFID chip numbers; or any other unique registry code, as we assume a global position.
6. Provides a national recovery system for pets that are victims of natural disasters, when the pet and pet owner are displaced from their home.
7. A special message area for the person who finds the lost pet. (Ex. Alternate contacts)
8. A separate message area for information unique to each pet.
9. Single owner registration with multiple pet discounts, and individual records for each pet with separate ID's.
10. Family Veterinarian contact information.
11. Pet*iD furnishes registrants with an ID tag, with web address, 800 number and unique ID code. With unlimited updates
12. Owner manages all information, which can be updated 24/7.
13. Pre programmed search to Find Veterinarians, Animal Control or Shelters.
14. FREE Pet Amber Alert Tools (have a custom MISSING or FOUND Pet Poster in your printer in less than five minutes)
15. Remote login information; Instant tag number and password recall. (You don't need to remember your pet's tag number for updating from any Internet location.)
16. Easy to remember, and most common pet identification web address with high search engine ranking www.petid.com <http://www.petid.com>
17. Vet verified Rabies vaccination, managed by vet clinics.
18. Free promotional web page for Veterinary Clinics & Shelters Affiliated with Pet*iD, with administrative access.
19. Step by step guide to assist you, with a descriptive and interactive tutorial.
20. Pet*iD's Municipal Animal Licensing Program (MALP) creates an interactive network that is managed by registered users via the Internet.
21. Pet*iD can streamline the communication between the city pound, animal shelters, veterinary clinics, animal control offices, law enforcement agents, fire fighters, first responders and the general public.
22. National Aggressive & Dangerous Dog Registry.
23. Cat Fancy's 2008 Editors' Choice Award went to Pet*iD for Best Pet Identification.
24. Pet*iD has also been recommended by; Dog World Magazine - March 2006, Dog & Kennel Magazine - March 2006, Prevention Magazine - February 2006, Pet Product News - 2007-2008-2009. Jeff Kiger Post-Bulletin - 2008
Can I have all my pets in the same system?
Answer:Yes, and they each have their own unique ID tag, picture ID, and medical information record.
Answer: As many as you have. Your initial Pet*iD service comes with one tag, and you can purchase as many additional tags as you need.
Answer: No! Only the person who finds your lost pet can see your contact information. Your information is never sold or distributed for any reason. All pet-related information is kept in a separate off-site database. Your pet’s return information is only viewable with it’s unique tag-ID.
Answer: Yes! We take this matter very seriously. To ensure your security, Pet*iD.com utilizes a secure commerce server, which encrypts the credit card number and encodes it into a non-usable form.
Answer: You have two choices: a 1-Year Service or a Lifetime Service.
1-Year Service is $9.95 for the first year of service, then $9.95 annually.
A Lifetime Service is $49.95 for the lifetime of your pet, up to 10 years
That's Just $4.99 A Year!! You might want to get yours before we have to raise the price!! There are no other hidden costs.
How our customer's information is used and protected.